Thursday, September 07, 2006

It was sooooo busy at the shop yesterday. With the kiddies back to school everyone has time to sew again. Did a little babysitting today, my little buddy is Joe who's 4 and a very busy boy. By noon I had enough fun and picked up Spencer at school and he played with Joe.

Finally I got to sew! Put the tablerunner blocks together with borders. Picked up some variegated black, gray, white thread for the cats and bats. Maybe next time I'll use a gray thread instead, wasn't overly excited about the way the applique came out. In the 9 patches I used a black swirl from the Carol Doak Star Bright line. I arranged for her to do a workshop & trunk show with the guild in June and she gave me a bundle of 1/3 cuts for putting it all together. I use a lot of black and absolutely love this swirl fabric. Looked online and only found 2 shops that have it, its from 2005 and most shops are out of this. I will have to be one the look out for this one I love it.

I think Camille gave me the border fabric, she was cleaning out her fabric closet and she knows I can't refuse free fabric.

When I stopped by school today I forgot to bring the quilt ribbon to Spencers teacher. I misplaced it then found it again over the summer. In the past I would do a quilt project with Spencers class. In second grade when they studied the rain forest we did rain forest quilts. The kids were so proud of them, we donated them to David's House, the Ronald McDonald House at Childrens Hospital at Dartmouth Medical Center. I had to make wall hangings out of the blocks because some used fabric paints.


In third grade the studied light houses and they made a large light house quilt that was also sent to David's House. I entered it into my guilds quilt show,Seabreeze Quilt Guild and they won a Vendor Ribbon. They were so excited, we hung the quilt at school with the ribbon for all to see.


No comments: