Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quilt Shows
The Seabreeze Quilt Guild had their bi-annual Quilt Show last weekend. As usual I gave away most of the quilts I made last year, but managed to put 3 quilts in the show.



This quilt was a kit from Moda using the Hello Betty fabric line. I made this for a shop sample for Little Lamb Quilt Shop. I really wanted to use my Wonder Cut Ruler to make the half square triangles but the patterned called for Triangles on a Roll. I'm so in love with the Wonder Cut Ruler. It makes half square triangles fast and accurate.>

This was another Moda shop sample, Pampered Pooch. I think the dog bone border is such a hoot. Cecile of Meandering Stitches in Barrington NH did the quilting. She quilted in dog bones and bow wow wow, ruff ruff. She does most of the quilting for the shop now and does a great job.

My first embellished quilt. This was a guild challenge, blue & green batiks were the challenge fabrics and I could only add 4 additional fabrics. I was so frustrated because I wanted to add more than 4 fabrics. Finally after a week of whining I came up with the embellishments. The comb is needle felted with red roving and has small red beads running along the outside. The scarf also is beaded because it was getting to matchy, matchy. The wing & tail have blue & green feathers. I blended blue & green roving and used it to needle felt the feathers to the quilt. The sneakers have thin blue/teak leather strips for laces, I great find in the scrapbooking department at JoAnn's. And yes, that is real cracked corn that my husband sprayed with a coat of poly, then I glued them down with tacky glue.


1 comment:

crazylegs quilting said...

Jen, I love your quilt with the dog bones. Cute!